The Vein Center at Wilmington Surgical
Stand in front of a mirror and look at your legs. Then stop and concentrate on how they feel. Have you noticed any of the following?
- Bulging, ropey or knotted veins close to the surface of the skin
- Unattractively visible veins that are dark red, purple or blue in color
- Legs that burn, itch or throb
- Restless Leg Syndrome (legs that stay in motion when your body is at rest)
- Chronic tiredness or achiness in the legs
All of the above are symptoms of varicose veins, a condition caused by venous reflux. Other forms of vein disease include spider veins, which look like tiny cobwebby or roadmap-like red or blue lines close to the surface of the skin on your arms, legs, chest, neck, head or face.
More than 80 million American adults are victims of vein disease. If you are among the sufferers, help is readily available from Wilmington Surgical Associates, a leading Wilmington vein clinic. Donít let the feel or appearance of vein problems bother you any longer. Seek treatment now Ė and start to get rid of veins right away.
What causes varicose veins?
In healthy veins, blood flows from the limbs to the heart. For reasons that include weight gain, stress, pregnancy, age and heredity, the valves that push blood through the veins can weaken or fail, causing the blood to stop flowing effectively and instead pool or even reverse. This condition, called venous reflux, results in the knots and discoloration that are symptomatic of varicose veins.
Is it necessary to treat varicose veins and spider veins?
Most patients are motivated to seek treatment because they donít like the way varicose veins and spider veins look, or because they are experiencing discomfort in their legs. However, it is important for anyone suffering from vein symptoms to seek treatment, as varicose and spider veins can both be indicative of even more significant vein disease and associated problems.
Why Choose The Vein Center at Wilmington Surgical?
As one of Wilmingtonís best vein treatment centers, The Vein Center at Wilmington Surgical Center offers you all of these advantages:
- Individualized attention from Dr. Ellis A. Tinsley, Jr., a board-certified general and vascular surgeon with years of experience in vein treatment and care
- A clean, private office environment easily accessible to patients in and around Wilmington, NC
- Expertise in vein treatment approaches both traditional and cutting-edge
- A highly trained office staff who makes your confidence and comfort their highest priority
- Most insurance plans accepted
- Other skin treatments available, including laser hair removal, skin resurfacing, laser birthmark removal, and telangectasia
- Free consultations for new patients
If you are a patient in Wilmington, Jacksonville, Wrightsville Beach, Carolina Beach, Sunset Beach, Isle Beach, Southport, Hampstead, Alabash, Oak Island, Bolivia, Kure Beach, Longwood, Supply, Maple Hill, Shallotte, Ash, Castle Hayne, Atkinson, Burgaw, Leland, Willard, Currie, Rocky Point, Winnabow, Wallace, Rose Hill, Tabor City, Popsil Beach, Emerald Isle, Loris, SC, Conway, SC, Myrtle Beach, or Little River, SC, contact us today to schedule your free consultation. Itís the first step on your pathway to healthier, better-looking legs!